What We Believe
- Women are designed to give birth without intervention in most cases
- As birth attendants, our role is to help you stay within the parameters of safety
- Healthy women should be treated as such until otherwise proven
- Empowering women through education about options of care
- Eliminating interventions which minimize risks in low risk pregnancy
- Being prepared and available for unforseen complications during labor and delivery in the Midwifery Model of Care.
The Midwifery Model of Care
The Midwifery Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life events.
The Midwifery Model of Care includes:
monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well- being of the mother
throughout the childbearing cycle;
providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and
continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support;
minimizing technological interventions; and identifying and referring women who require medical attention.
The application of this woman-centered model has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.